Storm Damage

I found this by way of the 5:00 news this evening that sent me to the blog at Clark County Residents Need to Report Storm Damage Homeowners, renters, and business owners in Clark County who sustained damage from the recent winter storms, flooding, and landslides should report their damage as soon as possible to Clark Regional Emergency Services Agency at (360) 992-9229. Please call if you had damage to your primary residence or business - vacation homes and outbuildings are not eligible for disaster assistance - that occurred between December 11, 2008 and January 9, 2009 - that was caused by the winter weather, flooding, and landslides - that occurred in this period - that is not covered by insurance. To report damage, please call (360) 992-9229 between 7 AM and 6 PM, Monday through Friday through Wednesday, January 21st or send an e-mail to Check back on the blog at further updates on damage assessment efforts. Currently, no disaster assistance is available to disaster victims in Washington State. Emergency management officials are in the process of collecting damage information from families, individuals, renters, business owners, non-profit agencies, and government agencies to determine if there is enough damage within Clark County for it to be eligible for disaster assistance. In order for local communities to become eligible for disaster assistance they have to demonstrate that they suffered damage that is beyond what the community can handle. This is why it is essential for people to report their damage. Reporting damage doesn’t guarantee that assistance will be provided but it does help make the case for receiving federal disaster assistance. Here is another location with information - and this is the link to the story carried on KOIN news.

Featured Posts
Posts are coming soon
Stay tuned...
Recent Posts